Thursday, October 10, 2013

Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess!


     Ah, this was a good little game! It's one of those games that you kind of feel bad for, given it's platform. Being released as a PSP mini, I doubt it ever got the kind of recognition it deserved. From what I can tell, it hasn't been ported to any touch devices or other handhelds, but it absolutely deserves to. It had a unique, fun, and challenging play mechanic and really left a good impression on me. It had a degree of polish that most smaller games don't seem to have, that little something that all the details like the tightness of the controls and the cleverness of the art style get across. To put it simply, it never felt cheap. From the gameplay, to the art, the music, the menus and unlockables even, you could tell effort had gone into it, that someone cared about making a game that, for a game aiming for smallness and simplicity, had real quality. Of all the PSP mini's I ever saw for sale, this one had the most personality, the most character- and that's precisely what I look for in any game. If you buy mini's on your PS3, this one's worth looking into.

Speedyard

See all my reviews and other videos at Shotgun Butterfly!

No comments:

Post a Comment